The Dalby Devil’s Junior Rugby League Club Inc began in 1980 playing against sides from Jandowae, Chinchilla and Tara. In 1985 the Devil’s moved into the Toowoomba Junior Rugby League competition, competition that the club still participates in today.
Rugby League has a proud and long history in the Dalby area and the Devil’s have been instrumental in the growth of the sport in our area. Not only do we want children playing and enjoying Rugby League, we also want to see them develop and reach their full potential. NRL players such as Darren Burns, Carl Webb and Andrew McCullough have all grown up in Dalby and played their junior Rugby League with the Dalby Devils.
- President – Tim Hart
- Vice President – Jim Sankey
- Secretary – Kerrie Taylor
- Treasurer – Belinda Skinner
- Registrar – Karina Cooper
- Publicity Officer – Andrea Cortes
- Fundraising Official – Kylie Sankey
- Coaching Director – Derek Brady
- Referee Co-ordinator – Paul Sankey
- Development Officer – Darren Burns
Teams & Coaches
- Under 7 Coach: Leigh Cook & Jono Stam
- Under 8 Coach: Craig Rush & Dave Tate
- Under 9 Coach: Scott Hall
- Under 10 Coach: Brant Barnett
- Under 11 Coach: Paul Sankey
- Under 12 Coach: Jim Sankey
- Under 11/12 D/C Coach: Gary Martin & Mick Stam
- Under 13 Coach: Tony Nobbs
- Under 14 Coach: Joe Ryan
- Under 13/14 D/C Coach: Gary Martin & Justin Dalton
- Under 15 Coach: Greg Chappell
- Under 16 Coach: Derek Brady
- Under 15/16 YC Coach: Gavin Slade
Dalby Devil’s Meeting Dates:
The Dalby Devil’s general meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month at the Dalby Leagues Club in Orpen Street Dalby, unless otherwise advised. Meetings start at 7pm and parents and club supporters are encouraged to attend. The clubs AGM is held in October, usually on the third Saturday of the month. This date does vary depending on when our season completes and notice of the exact date will be advertised through local media.
Club Captain and Vice Captain:
The 2017 Dalby Devils Club Captain is Noah Brady. Noah has been a Dalby Devil since 2008 as an Under 7 and is a member of this year’s Under 16 team. This is his 10th year as a Devil.
The 2017 Club Vice Captain is Jack Clague. Jack has been a Dalby Devil since Under 7s and is a member of this year’s Under 16 team.
Annual TJRL Ball:
The TJRL Ball is held near the end of the season and is hosted by one of the 8 Clubs of the TJRL. The Ball is an opportunity for Clubs to gather socially and it’s also the night the TJRL Club Ambassador and Fundraising Ambassador are crowned. This year the TJRL Ball is being hosted by Brothers on 5 August.
For more information about our club meetings please contact the club Secretary.
To have news added to a club newsletter please contact our Publicity officer.